Monday, December 03, 2012

Home Is Where You Are

Hello, December!

When did you get here???

If it weren't for the cold nipping at my toes and the naked tree shivering outside my bedroom window every morning, I'd say you were early - or lost - or at least a bit off course.  But alas, the multitude of inflatable Frosty's that have sprung to life overnight in all the front yards along this long country road I now call "home" and the half-a-dozen mammoth Nutcrackers that stand guard in Red Lion Square tell me that I'm the one misdirected - out of sync - a little lost in time.  And it seems you are here now, to stay, at least for your allotted 31 days, and so I welcome you and purpose to enjoy you to the fullest, all while looking back on my iphone to help me remember the whirlwind that was the last 3 months.

Mark hung most of the pictures up on the walls this weekend and spearheaded the Christmas decorating (as he so faithfully does every year), and so our big 'ol (rented) country house is starting to feel a bit more like home.



Decorating the tree was complete chaos as usual, but there was more than enough little girl ooooing and aaahhing and rowdy boy laughing and baby boy clapping that we hardly even noticed the mess.  Right, Love?  





And despite not having any of our old tried and true spots for everything, and still eating in the front room every night because I can't seem to get far enough ahead to find the table underneath all the stuff, we're making it.  We're together, and God is here.  And here is home. 

Trust your lives to the God who created you, 
for He will never fail you.
I Peter 4:19

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! Been wondering how you guys were doing? and if you sold your house here? and how everyone is adjusting? Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...