Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Thankful Life


I read a friend's first blog post this morning.  She's brilliant and an excellent writer.  Made me think.  Well, actually I've been thinking for days.  Her words just affirmed my thoughts.

Life is hard.

This life is hard.

And for me, right now, moving {and everything about it} is hard.



I pitched a (silent) fit all day yesterday - well, it wasn't all silent - God heard.  Every last grumble.

I'm not proud of it.  

Thankfully, He listens.

And He understands.

And He forgives.

And He loves.  

He keeps on loving.

Thankfully.

Even in the midst of my fits, and even in the midst of "my" hard, I am very aware of just how fortunate I am.

We have a job - a perfectly fitted job.

We have a house - one that accommodates us nicely.

We have friends - far and near, old and new, that not only care about us, but also care for us.

We have good health and life.

We have each other.

We have hope.

Actually we have more than we really need, and yet I grumbled.

I am sorry. 

I know better.

And I am thankful.

I am thankful for forgiveness.

And I am thankful for second {and third and fourth and fifth and...} chances.



I am thankful for cute glasses, messy hair, and each newly lost tooth.



I am thankful for first-time-for-us personalized football jerseys and the fun had on the field each week.



I am thankful for happy, healthy, {crazy} rowdies 



and the critters they catch {and thankfully release} every day



(except for the slugs...I don't remember being too thankful for the slugs...but then again, that might have something to do with the fact that they didn't release them and that I found them in the middle of the night in a cup in the cabinet...no, I don't remember being too thankful for the slugs).


I am thankful for little hands that play outside so much every day that even when they are clean, they're still dirty.




I am thankful for a husband that is a better-than-I-could-have-ever-dreamed-of daddy.




And I am thankful for an awesome teenage son and the gift of special days out just with him (even if he's not the best navigator just yet - we still made it!)





Saturday, after football, he and I headed out for a "get-away-from-it-all" kind of day at Hershey Park.




I rode almost every  roller coaster with him




and he rode one or two "lame" rides with me




which I didn't think were lame at all, with views like this 




and the realization that the street lamps in downtown Hershey are shaped like Hershey kisses!


Street Lights in the Form of Hershey's Chocolate Kisses in Hershey PA


But this is the one little diddy that did me in.




It's called the Farenheit.  And actually, I was in line and all ready to ride until, right before our turn, they started sending empty car after empty car up as "test runs".  
Four or five test runs in a row were all I needed.  Especially since they ended up "temporarily" closing the ride.

We hit the rest of the park and happened upon some other fun coasters like the Lightning Racer and the Wild Mouse, the most deviously, suprisingly {not lame afterall} fun little coaster ever.





Then finally, just before close, they opened back up the Fahrenheit, but by then, I was done. I waited in line with him, but in the end, Ben rode it without me. There was something about the 90 degree vertical incline and the 90 degree vertical drop that I just couldn't wrap my mind around.  




And thankfully, he didn't need me to.



Thank you for you calls, messages, and texts.  Thank you most of all for your prayers.  I know He answers.  I know He is working.  Keep praying.  He is faithful.


"In this world you will have trouble.  
But take heart! 
I have overcome the world."
John 16:33


1 comment:

  1. Yes! Thank God he forgives our grumbles, so easy to do. Moving IS hard, and you have lots of people going through it. So it will take time for all those personalities to come up to speed with the drastic change. Still praying for you my dear friend!

    You rock for going on all those rollercoasters! I find I can't handle them well in my old age ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...