Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stairmaster


Our big 'ol farmhouse that we're currently renting has four stories and 56 stairs 
(and more than a half a dozen kids but we brought those with us).




And I climb every one of them, multiple - like a gajillion multiple - times a day (the stairs, not the kids).




The office and Ben's room are on the 3rd floor; the bedrooms are on the second; the kitchen and family room are on the 1st; and the laundry, storage and "extra" fridge are in the basement.




I thought I was really going to miss my gym membership at FBC, but I have to tell you, I think I work out harder here just living 
than I ever did there!


We are still transitioning.  It rained last night and that seems to have lessened the stink outside (I'm hoping beyond hope it doesn't come back even stronger tomorrow!), but it also has increased the number of ants seeking shelter indoors.  In just these 3 short weeks I've actually gotten used to their steady presence in my home, and really, one or two  ten or twelve here or there don't bother me; but when they show up in droves - like it's an ant family reunion or something - well, then we cease to coexist amiably - because basically, they cease to exist.  It seems like after awhile they would catch on, but they're stubborn like that...


Speaking of stubborn, we're still at it.  Keep praying.  
For a miracle breakthrough.  For deliverance.  For salvation.  
For longsuffering.  For peace.  For wisdom.  For trust.  
For love.


Love always protects, always trusts, 
always hopes, always perseveres.  
Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:7-8

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a workout! I huff and puff on my 2 staircases let alone 4! Does it help to wear out your littler ones? Hehehe :) Worn out kids are happy kids I always say.

    I continue to pray for you. If there's any way I can help, please let me know. Feel free to email me if you want to talk more about what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;m going to envy your muscles one day! Praying for you, friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...